Where you will have surgery depends on your insurance and overall health. The MCJR team performs over half of all operations as outpatient procedures at an ambulatory surgical facility, however, we also partner with local hospitals to provide extensive medical care to those who may need it. Here are our surgery locations.
Outpatient Surgery: Midwest Specialty Surgery Center
- Premier outpatient surgical center, built exclusively to serve orthopedic patients
- Located on MCJR’s first floor
- 2 operating rooms, a minor procedure room, x-ray suite, and 8 private recovery suites
- Highly experienced staff in pre-op, intraoperative, and post-op surgical care
- Weekly pre-op joint classes offered onsite
Midwest Specialty Surgery Center’s (MSSC) surgeons and staff are national leaders innovating the latest in outpatient joint replacement care. These advancements have therefore resulted in thousands of successful cases. The clean, efficient space provides for a lower infection rate, rapid recovery, comfort, and compassionate care. Each month, MSSC hosts visiting surgeons from around the U.S. and internationally who come to learn the innovative techniques developed here.
MSSC’s office administrator, Janet Ludden, is well-versed in the myriad insurance issues that surround your surgical care. She is an excellent resource to help you navigate this complex healthcare environment.
Call Midwest Specialty Surgery Center at (317) 821-0000.
Inpatient Surgery: Franciscan Health Mooresville
If you are in need of additional care or are not eligible for outpatient joint replacement surgery for medical or insurance reasons, then you will have inpatient or outpatient surgery at our partner hospital on Indy’s south side.
- 5-star facility
- Top 2.2% of U.S. inpatient programs
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
Franciscan Health Mooresville has one of the leading joint replacement programs in the nation, providing about 2,500 joint replacement operations each year. Our surgeons perform one-third of those operations.
We partner with Franciscan to deliver intensive medical attention to those who may require additional care. If you have an inpatient joint replacement surgery, then you will likely return home within 48 hours of your surgery.